china - work visa requirements

​1. Your Passport   
You must send your actual passport, which must have at least 12 months of validity remaining and one blank visa page.
Note: The last three pages on the US passport are amendment and endorsement pages. They cannot be used for visa stamp.If you are ethnic Chinese, a minor, or a non-US citizen, you must also meet these Special Requirements.
i) If you were born in China, Taiwan, Hong Kong or Macau, you must fill in your Chinese name, in Chinese characters, on the Visa Application Form.
​ii) First time applicants who were born in China must submit original Chinese passport.
iii) First time applicants who were born in Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau must submit a photocopy of their previous passport.
​iv) American born children of Chinese descent under the age of 18 must provide copy of birth certificate and copy of parents' passports and green cards when applying for the first time or when applying for 24-month visa (not available in San Francisco).
​v) Applicants with Chinese background can apply for 24-month multi-entry tourist visa (not available in San Francisco), including people who were married to Chinese citizens, in which case applicants must provide copy of marriage license and spouse's Chinese passport and green card if applicable.
vi) Children under the age of 16 must provide copy of birth certificate and one parent's passport (information page only).
​vii) Non-US passport holders must have valid long term US visa (B1/B2 visas are not accepted) or green card to apply for a Chinese visa in the US. You must send the ACTUAL green card when applying at our Houston office, or a photocopy of it when applying in San Francisco, Chicago, New York and Washington DC. Multiple entry visas are not available to non-US passport holders in all offices.
​viii) Citizens of certain countries, such as France and Nigeria, are required to apply in person at the Chinese Embassy/Consulates. In addition, the Chinese Consulate in Chicago requires citizens of the following countries to apply in person: Germany, The Netherlands, Spain, Portugal, Austria, Belgium, Norway, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Greece, Iceland, Sweden, Switzerland, Luxemburg, Estonia.

​​2. Photocopy of Passport
You must provide a CLEAR copy of the information page of your passport in addition to your original passport. 

3. Visa Application Form for China
if you reside in one of the following states: CT, ME, MA, NH, NY, NJ, OH, PA, RI & VT. And you must mail your application to our NEW YORK office.
Forms must be completely filled, signed and dated. One form per applicant. Do not leave any areas blank but instead write "N/A" if you don't have answer to a question, or if the question does not apply to you.Non-US citizens must also fill out a supplementary application form, Form V. 2011B, OR Form V.2011B for New York,if you are sending your application to our New York office.
Important Reminder: Hand-written application forms ARE NOT accepted by Chinese Embassy/Consulates. You must TYPE your answers in our fillable pdf form.

​​4. Photograph
​One color 2x2 photo, with a plain background, taken by a professional passport photo service, such as Walgreen, CVS, Kinkos, etc. Photos printed on regular papers are not accepted.​

5. Work Permit
Issued by the Labor Department or Foreign Experts Bureau, the permit should be obtained for you by your Chinese employer.​

6. Visa Authorization Notice
Issued by the Foreign Affairs Office, this document should be sent to you by your Chinese Employer along with the work permit.

​7. Processing Fees
The following fees are for AVISANYC's professional services. Service fees are charged one per item. Final costs are determined by the level of service requested.
Standard Service (7+ business days) $50.00 per visa + Consulate Fees + Shipping (If applicable)
Rush Service (6 - 7 business days) $100.00 per visa + Consulate Fees + Shipping (If applicable)
NOTE :- 1) Visa issuance/fees at the Consulate Discretion
                2) Service Fee is non-refundable